Re: [2.24 PATCH 3/3] Deprecate inclusion of <sys/sysmacros.h> by <sys/types.h>

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> +  Code that does not need these macros should #undef them after including
>> +  <sys/types.h>; this will also improve portability to BSD-derived systems,
>> +  where these macros are unconditionally defined by <sys/types.h>.  Code
>> +  that *does* need these macros should include <sys/types.h>, and then
>> +  include <sys/sysmacros.h> if __GLIBC__ is defined.
>
> I think this should be removed from the NEWS entry.
>
> Instead in the release wiki there should be some detailed instructions
> under the normal "Packaging Changes" that describes exactly what needs to be
> done with a code snippet, with particular case to writing code that keeps
> working into the future.

I'm working on updating the patches again (deferring them to 2.25 may
mean that they go back to having to touch all the libc.abilist files,
feh) and I've created https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.25
with a section about this, as you requested.  Please have a look.

zw