Re: c++ source files in the build...

On 07/12/2016 06:22 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

OTOH, I just ran into the next C++ roadblock... we have internal headers
that use the word "private" as a field, which of course doesn't work
with C++...

Is it worth fixing up all our internal headers and sources to be C++
compatible?  I.e. as a prelude to future C++ stuff?  In this case, it's
a utility to be installed alongside libc.so, not something inside
libc.so itself, but still...

What kind of utility are we talking about? Usually, utilities should not depend on internal headers, they should use the public API (maybe augmented with GLIBC_PRIVATE symbols).

Using some internal headers leads to issues even with C application code.

Thanks,
Florian