Re: Bug vandalism on sourceware.org bug tracker.

On 05/27/2016 03:40 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>>> if whitelisting is easy, how about adding some of the large distros too ?
>>> @debian.org @ubuntu.com @gentoo.org @fedora.org @redhat.com @suse.(de|com)
>>
>> Added most of these to the regexp.  It'd be nice not to keep growing
>> it too much though.
>
> @gnu.org is a pretty obvious one though.

I know you said "most of these," but...

The @gentoo.org or @suse.com users don't appear to be whitelisted, the admin
interface does not show them as having editbugs from a regexp (grey bar with a *).

So in keeping with my anti-authoritarian-no-single-point-of-failure model,
I have granted a wide range of distribution email registered users the ability
to help other developers get editbugs per my original email.

I have added this to the MAINTAINERS wiki page for buzilla:
~~~
As an anti-spam measure the ability to edit certain fields of created bugs is
not possible e.g. 'editbugs' is restricted by default. If you would like
'editbugs' capabilities please just ask on libc-help@sourceware.org. There
are several people in the community which can grant this permission including
anyone with a @debian.org, @fedora.org, @gentoo.org, @gnu.org, @redhat.com,
@suse.com, @suse.de, or @ubuntu.com accounts in bugzilla. Just ask.
~~~

It's not actually "anyone" since it's "everyone registered today with those
emails."

Carlos.