Re: Alternative libio vtable hardening approach

On 06/01/2016 08:08 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 31/05/16 14:07, Florian Weimer wrote:
The basic idea is to put all libc vtables into a single array, and then check whether the vtable pointer is
within that array.

does this mean that static linking anything with
stdio will include all the code referenced from
the vtables..

Correct.

or was that already the case?

It was mostly the case already. There are only small savings to be had, it seems. I will post numbers along with a real patch proposal.

I have to use weak references anyway to avoid linknamespace issues, and we can add more if the current approach pulls in too much additional code.

Florian