Re: Grammar Edits to the Manual

On 05/05/2016 05:03, ricaljasan wrote:
> Almost two years later, I will finally be posting my grammatical edits
> to the manual.[1]  Upon reviewing my edits in order to categorize them
> for my commit message, I decided it would be advantageous to all
> involved if I submitted multiple patchsets based on those categories.
>
> The main reason I'm bothering to send this cover letter is that order
> may be important.  For example, the first patchset will address typos,
> but not necessarily all typos found---it should be obvious that
> something was _wrong_.  Sometimes, however, a typo is better corrected
> by extensive rearrangement.  I consider extensive edits related to
> readability, and those will come later.
>
> It may also happen that a reviewer notices other problems surrounding an
> edit, either in the context or on the same line---hopefully those will
> be addressed by subsequent patchsets or aren't related to grammar.
>
> I have tried to minimize such overlap by adopting as conservative an
> approach as possible to "wrong" grammar, but I'll be damned if language
> isn't a matter of taste.  Above all, I hope I have conserved the
> authors' voices, as I found them many, and varied.
>
> Thank you all for your consideration and the opportunity.
>
> Rical Jasan

Thanks you for the effort and the strategy seems reasonable.  I would
advise to first work a limited number of patches first (the typos),
get them reviewed and pushed before drop patches related to wording
and style.  Typos patches are reviewed more easily and won't diverge
attention for the other patches.