Re: Should pthread_kill be marked __THROW?

On Fri, 2016-03-18 at 15:35 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I don't really understand the rationale by which you think pthread_kill (or
> anything else) should be any sort of barrier if it isn't clearly specified
> in POSIX (or appropriate standard for something else) that it must be one.

I agree.  Calling a signal handler synchronously is not a concurrency
problem in the sense of synchronization with other threads.  The signal
handler can be considered concurrency, but then we should rather tell
the compiler that pthread_kill is like a raise, or not?