Testing glibc with non-default options

I have a question about running the GCC testsuite when using non-default
GCC options.  I am running the glibc test natively on a MIPS machine
and I want to build and test it with the 64 bit ABI (-mabi=64).

I can use "export GCC='gcc -mabi=64'" or "CFLAGS='-mabi=64'" (I am not sure
which method is prefered) and when I do either of those, the build works fine
and most of the testing works fine but I keep hitting a problem when I get to
the test-math-isinff.cc test.  Note that this is a C++ test and not a C test
and I think that is relevent.

I looked in config.make and I see a setting for CC and CFLAGS but CXX is not
set (even if I set and export it when building glibc) and CXXFLAGS does not
show up at all.  I think this may be why the C++ test fails but I am not sure
how to fix it.

Has anyone else seen this problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com