Re: Release manager for glibc 2.24?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> You did a great job. The fault lies entirely with my confused documentation
> of the release process, I have added some more [REQUIRED] and [OPTIONAL]
> markers at every step to clarify what needs to be done and what can be skipped
> given time constraints.

I think you need markers to say more prominently what the times at which
things are needed are.  For example, that libc.pot should be regenerated
and a snapshot sent to the TP immediately after the freeze (it's no good
if that section isn't noticed until the final release is being made).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com