Re: gnu-gabi group

On 15/02/16 16:03, H.J. Lu wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Since it's GNU tools we're talking about, we'd better use a medium that
>> we've all already agreed to use, than one that a number of us objects
>> to.  I, for one, have closed my Google account several Valentine's Days
>> ago, for privacy reasons, and this makes the archives of lists hidden
>> there unusable for me.
>
> Please don't spread false information.  Anyone can subscribe Linux-ABI
> group and its archive is to open to everyone.  You don't need a gmail account
> for any of those.  There are quite a few non-gmail users.  You don't have
> to take my word for it.  I can add your email to Linux-ABI group and you
> can check it out yourself :-).

you as a group admin can do that, others cannot join
without creating a account at google (which requires
the acceptance of the google tos etc).

you also have censorship rights over others.

even if you add users to the list they cannot access
the archive through standard http or https, they need
to allow google to execute javascript code on their
machine. (so wget does not work).

and the url through which you visit a post is not a
reliable permanent link so linking to posts is hard.

i think google groups is not an acceptable forum for
discussing open standards publicly.