Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes

On 01/26/2016 01:57 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
One change you can make*today*  is to include <malloc.h> in src/emacs.c
(conditionally for dlmalloc), and not just the autoconf test case.

Emacs has included <malloc.h> for decades, in src/alloca.c, so this part is already done.

you will actually see new deprecation warnings as they appear in
the header file.

In practice this kind of deprecation warnings tends to be more trouble than it's worth. We already know about the compatibility issues, and don't need the deprecation warnings to remind us. The warnings will probably cause needless work by users who will not understand the details and who will send us low-value bug reports.

Come to think of it, how can we shut the deprecation warnings off? There should be an easy way for Emacs to do that.