Re: Change for locale fr_CH and it_CH for monday as fisrt day of the week

Le 20. 01. 16 21:08, Arnaud a écrit :
Le 19. 01. 16 03:29, keld@keldix.com a écrit :
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 08:41:37PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On 19 Jan 2016 02:30, Arnaud wrote:
Would it be possible to change the locale fr_CH and it_CH to have monday as the first day of the week ?

do you have links to standards to justify the change ?
we like to note this info for reference/historical tracking.

It is probably because ISO 8601 is a Swiss standard.
ISO 8601 says that Monday is the first day of the week.

Is this reference enough to be accepted ?

I have read, in a few bugzilla asking to change this first day of the week (for others countries), that it was refused
because there wasn't an official document refering to the first day of the week in the country.

Why would there be a document like this when it has always been like this (as far as I have found)?
If there is one, it is probably not known by a lot of people, and really hard to find.

It was accepted for: de_CH, wae_CH (I don't even know what is Walser)

and for:
an_ES, ast_ES, bg_BG, br_FR, ca_ES, ce_RU, crh_UA, csb_PL, cv_RU, cy_GB, da_DK, de_AT, de_BE, de_DE, de_LU, el_GR, en_DK, en_GB, en_IE, es_CO, es_CR, et_EE, eu_ES, fi_FI, fr_BE, fr_FR, fr_LU, fy_NL, ga_IE, gl_ES, gv_GB, hsb_DE, ia_FR, it_IT, kw_GB, lb_LU, lij_IT, lt_LT, lv_LV, mhr_RU, mk_MK, mt_MT, nb_NO, nl_BE, nl_NL, nn_NO, oc_FR, os_RU, ro_RO, ru_RU, ru_UA, sl_SI, sr_ME, sr_RS, sr_RS@latin, sv_FI, sv_SE, sw_KE, tr_TR, uk_UA, wa_BE

PS: I have removed the [COMMITTED] in the subject, as it shouldn't be there.

Maybe these links ? They are in german/french/italian but not english, so I used google translate...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssrq-sds-fds.ch%2Fonline%2Foverview.html
"The standardized date after the YYYY-MM-DD scheme (ISO 8601) is located under "date", the original entrance to the edition under "date printed."

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=en&u=https://www.ssrq-sds-fds.ch/wiki/Datierungsrichtlinien
"Data is in accordance with ISO 8601 inwhen normalized (YYYY-MM-DD). After ISO 8601 and TEI is when using thewhen attribute always the Gregorian calendar meant."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
Switzerland 	SN ISO 8601:2005-08 (replaced SN-EN 28601:1994)