Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes

On 26 January 2016 at 06:30, JÃrn Engel <joern@purestorage.com> wrote:
> Agreed.  I thought I mentioned that this is a braindump and not a
> patchset for submission. ;)

Thank you for doing this. There is however the issue of copyright
assignment.  I don't have access to the copyright list, so could you
(or Carlos, Joseph, etc.) please tell me if you have signed it?
Without that, not only is your work unusable for us (since it is a
significant change), it also makes it difficult for someone with a
copyright assignment to write an independent implementation since
they're 'tainted' by your patch.

FTR, I have only seen your patch to revert the mmap_threshold changes
which I don't agree with - if you don't want to overcommit, you just
set overcommit to 0 and mprotect is never called.  I don't know how
you're hitting that case with overcommit set to 0.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in