Re: Close down glibc-sc mailing list.

On 01/19/2016 06:04 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On 01/19/2016 01:48 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On 01/18/2016 06:20 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
>>> To: glibc-sc@gnu.org
>> Given that the glibc steering committee is disbanded and no
>> longer exists, do any of the stewards (project maintainers) object
>> to the closing of glibc-sc@gnu.org?
>>
>> It is my opinion that all email discussions should be sent to
>> libc-alpha@sourceware.org or to individual stewards as required.
>
> I am +1 on the sentiment and direction.
>
> As a pragmatic matter, I think that there are some preparatory,
> diplomatic steps that would need to be taken first. given our past
> experiences, walking FSF leadership through the changes (which I
> think is needed to make this happen without misunderstandings or
> drama there) before we do them is the logical next step.
>
> Thoughts?

I think that is a great idea. Keep in mind that we still have 10
project stewards who are responsible to the GNU project for glibc.
So the responsibility has not gone away, we just handle business
differently. The 10 stewards don't talk on a private mailing list
we talk out in the open on libc-alpha.

Cheers,
Carlos.