Re: Removal of unexec support from glibc malloc

On 01/19/2016 07:31 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:

>> With a bit of luck, newer valgrind versions will even recognize the
>> interposed malloc, simplifying leak detection.
>
> Wow, thanks, I didn't know that.  I have been using valgrind only on
> temacs (the undumped, slow, and hard-to-use Emacs), because valgrind
> doesn't work on dumped emacs under GNU/Linux.

With the new interposing-aware valgrind, valgrind still works, but
there's a memory allocation failure because valgrind detects an invalid
realloc and makes it return NULL, instead of forwarding it to the
implementation.

We're looking at this to see if it's easy to fix in valgrind.

Florian