Re: RFC: Test hook for nss_files testing

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> In which regard do you think this is not ideal?
> >
> > It's quite a bit of work and very tightly integrated with individual
> > distributions.  Test hooks and in-tree testing directly benefit everyone
> > who looks at test results.
>
> You raise a good point here and that's perhaps the strongest argument
> I've heard in favour of white-box testing for this particular interface.

One of the bits of religion I've gotten at Google is that one wants white-box
hooks for unit testing because the tests may be running in exotic and/or
highly-restricted contexts, and your chances of getting a code path executed
are better if you can write a custom test executable that drives the library
down that path.

Stan