Re: Fix powerpc round, roundf spurious "inexact" (bug 19238) [committed]

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, Steven Munroe wrote:

> > This issue and fix do not apply to builds using power5+ versions of
> > round and roundf, which use the frin instruction and avoid "inexact"
> > exceptions that way.
> >
> Joseph this gets confusing when we introduce the multiarch IFUNC
> support. In a modern system (POWER6/7/8 the code below should never be
> used. The code from:

Yes, I already said this code isn't used when the power5+ versions are
used.  My 64-bit powerpc testing is on a POWER4 system and my 32-bit
testing is on a 476 system; although I now have access to a little-endian
POWER8 system I haven't tried glibc testing there.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com