Re: Questions and comments about restartable sequences

On 20/11/15 14:23, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 11/20/2015 03:20 PM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have a few questions regarding restartable sequences, regarding
userspace.  I don't read LKML, so sorry if I missed something already
said elsewhere.  I'm doing concurrency stuff in glibc, so that's the
perspective of the following questions.  I'd like to see something like
the restartable sequences being offered, and would try to contribute to
the userspace side of this.

Torvald,

would you please provide some background references for the benefit of
the libc-alpha audience?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/10/27/1095

per cpu critical section that can be restarted
on interrupt or scheduling events.

but i don't know how this can be provided
in libc (or is it for libc internal things?
per cpu malloc?)