Re: Fixing namespace issues for variables

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015, Rich Felker wrote:

> Note that macro definitions of identifiers specified to be objects are
> not permitted _at all_ (I had forgotten this), so no text about

I think that's far from clear given the silence of POSIX on the subject
(and given that the failure to mention reservation of file-scope
identifiers as macros appears to be an accidental omission in updating
POSIX for C99, not a deliberate difference).  It's much more like the
cases where the interpretation response is "The standard is unclear on
this issue, and no conformance distinction can be made between alternative
implementations based on this. This is being referred to the sponsor." or
"The standard does not speak to this issue, and as such no conformance

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com