Re: Starting the glibc-test add-on project.

On 10/22/2015 11:21 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:32:33AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Rich,
>>
>> I'm starting a glibc-test add-on project whose aim is to provide
>> broader system testing starting with the networking APIs.
>>
>> Is there anything I could or should do to make this as compatible
>> with Libc-Test such that we can share tests?
>
> I'm Cc'ing Szabolcs Nagy on this since he's the maintainer of
> libc-test. I don't yet have a good feel for what sorts of tests you
> want to do in this project, so it's hard for me to give specific
> input, but from a standpoint of sharing tests, the most important
> thing is not having the tests or test-harness be libc-specific.
> libc-test does a really good job of this. Here's the repo for
> reference in case you don't have it:
>
> http://nsz.repo.hu/git/?p=libc-test

OK, thanks for that.

So your general comments are:

- Keep tests non-libc specific.

That's sensible for some tests. Some are going to be hard to
keep generic because they will involve configuring say ldconfig
and the cache. Or configuring networking to do something very
glibc specific.

What about license? Copyright assignment?

Cheers,
Carlos.