Re: Don't use -Wno-uninitialized in math/

On Fri, 2015-08-21 at 16:39 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:

> > Ah, it is mips64 but with the N32 ABI.
>
> OK, that explains why the file is being compiled.
>
> As it's GCC trunk, maybe the problem can be reduced to a GCC bug report
> and the bug fixed well before GCC 6 is out (given that I don't see it with
> GCC 5, so it's likely a regression)?  If not, maybe moving the PUSH /
> IGNORE macros up to be right after the libc-internal.h inclusion helps?
> Suppressing warnings for a whole file isn't ideal, but it's better than
> suppressing them for the whole of libm.

There is something weird going on.  If I cut out the line that compiles
s_fmal.c I can run that command and get the error.  If I change the '-c'
to '-E' to get a preprocessed source file and then compile that with
'-c' (and all the other options normally used in the compilation) I
don't get the error.  Something about expanding the macros seems to make
the error go away.  I will see if I can create a standalone test case
with the unexpanded macros still in it.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com