Re: Update on commit and release workflow discussions

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> OK, so 'Resolves:' to indicate that a bug has been fixed and the bz can
> be closed?  Then we don't have to depend on the ChangeLog [BZ #] at all.

Yes, that would do the job.  You still need a way to avoid a bug getting
in the list of fixed bugs if the bug number in the Resolves line was wrong
(this includes it being a bug that was fixed long ago, as well as a bug
that the Resolves line caused to be wrongly closed and was then reopened),
or if the fix had to be reverted or turned out to be incomplete (without
the bug getting fully fixed again before the release), and a way to get a
bug in that list if someone omitted the Resolves line when committing the
fix (or only realized later that there was a bug open for the issue).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com