Re: Removing locale timezone information

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM,  <keld@keldix.com> wrote:
> My impression is that timezone changes are normally announced in due time
> so that they can be included in normal glibc release schedule, which
> I think is about twice a year, but irregulary. I have not been down into
> the data, tho.

Sadly, as pointed out by others, this is not so.

Keld, would your use cases be satisfied if each glibc locale (for
which this makes sense) specified a default *Olsen* timezone?  I think
that might be a way to get what you want while avoiding the problems
everyone else is bringing up.

zw