Re: Hash out a solution for ChangeLog/NEWS at the Cauldron?

On 08/04/2015 06:22 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
The only problem I see in using git-notes is how the workflow would
look.
We considered using git notes for after-the-fact ChangeLog fixups in the Emacs source code, but eventually gave up because it made everybody's heads explode. Sorry, I don't recall the details.

The method used in Emacs doesn't use any git features other than ordinary commits. It avoids changes to the ChangeLog files for most commits (and this makes merges easier), while allowingchanges to the ChangeLog files to support the exceptional cases when people want to change history.