Re: New template for 'libc' made available

Translation Project Robot <robot@translationproject.org> writes:

> A new POT file for textual domain 'libc' has been made available
> to the language teams for translation.  It is archived as:
>
>     http://translationproject.org/POT-files/libc-2.22-pre1.pot

I've just updated the german translation and noticed a couple of things.

There are some new strings with `%s` instead of the usual `%s'. Is this
intentional?

There are some messages that are constructed dynamically, which may or
may not be possible to use in translations.  And the dynamic strings are
not marked for translation.  For example:

,----
| #: nscd/connections.c:977
| #, c-format
| msgid "monitoring file `%s` (%d)"
`----

The corresponds to the following C code:
,----
| 	      dbg_log (_("monitored file `%s` was %s, removing watch"),
| 		       finfo->fname, moved ? "moved" : "deleted");
`----

Also for

,----
`----

,----
| Â#: nscd/connections.c:2015
| #, c-format
| msgid "monitored parent directory `%s` was %s, removing watch on `%s`"
| msgstr ""
`----

and

,----
| Â#: nscd/connections.c:2041
| #, c-format
| msgid "monitored file `%s` was %s, adding watch"
| msgstr "monitored file `%s` was %s, adding watch"
`----

This should probably be changed for the next revisions.

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.