Re: glibc topic BoFs at the Cauldron

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 12:17:50PM +0200, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> We could also have concurrency as one of the subtopics, if there is
> enough interest for that.  Hopefully, we'll be further along with the
> changes to the concurrent code in glibc, and there would certainly be
> something to report.  Cancellation might be another thing we might still
> have to discuss.
> Looking further out, one could argue that glibc would be the best place
> to implement thread pools and similar -- IOW, features to manage (host
> CPU, for now) compute resources through other interfaces than
> pthread_create.

Great, so I see 2 talks and a BoF there :)

1. Report on changes to the concurrent code in glibc (this may merge
   into the BoF if there aren't enough slots)
2. A talk about implementing thread pools/execution agents, etc.
3. A concurrency BoF

> Given that many of the above will probably be break-out sessions for the
> main track (or at least be concurrent with other sessions), it would
> likely be useful to have either or both of a glibc BoF at the start of
> Cauldron as well as the end; the former to give a quick overview of
> changes in glibc and the detailed BoFs to the rest of the Cauldron
> audience; the latter to perhaps update the rest of the audience of
> outcomes of the detailed BoFs.

That sounds good to me, but I think we'll have to wait for Carlos to
return to act on it if there is interest, since he's the BoF proposer.

Siddhesh