Re: For review: nptl(7) man page

On 03/22/2015 07:38 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
Hello all,

I wrote a short man page documented some of the details of
NPTL that might affect application developers. Review comments
would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Michael

POSIX specifies that process-shared pthread_mutex_t's can be manipulated by independent processes, however the AMD64 and i386 versions of the mutex structures are incompatible and cannot be shared.

This might be true of the other supposedly sharable primitives, I never bothered to check the rest when I first noticed the problem with mutexes.