old linux scsi headers

Hello glibc people,

This concerns sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/scsi/{scsi, scsi_ioctl, sg}.h

They define common SCSI values, as well as Linux's SCSI-related ioctls.

Apparently they were copied from the Linux kernel tree back in 1999, so they're pretty stale.

I'm wondering if I should submit a patch to update these to what's current from the Linux tree, or if maybe it wouldn't be better to have users just directly get these as "uapi" headers from the Linux kernel source directly?

The latter method has issues with being a breaking change for code that relies on what's in glibc now, which may or may not be something we can ease, but would ensure the headers would not become stale again in the future.

What do you think about the best way to proceed?

Thanks -- Regards -- Andy