Re: Reverting the s390 jmp_buf/ucontext_t ABI change

On 07/22/2014 10:41 AM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Given the fallout, and after many discussions with affected parties, we have
> now come to the conclusion that the best way forward is to revert that change.

Thank you very much for a speedy decision. This will allow us
to proceed quickly in 2.20 to fix the potential fallout.

> If you see any problems with this approach, please let us know.

I see no problem with this approach.

At the end of the day these are decisions best made by the machine
maintainer for the architecture. I understand you are stepping in
to make those decisions for Andreas while he is away.

I also appreciate IBM's assitance in making sure s390 is ready
for 2.20 with these jmp_buf reversion patches.

Cheers,
Carlos.