Re: For review: memusage(1) man page

On 07/22/2014 10:39 AM, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
Jan, are you willing to assign copyright for those documenation bits
to the FSF? I'll happily convert them into texinfo.
Alfred, can you be more specific? What would it imply for me, Peter and man pages? Is there a problem with GPLv2+ or the copyright? What should be changed?
    I must say that this is an odd position to take. While it would be
    nice to have documentation in the glibc manual, the glibc
    developers did not bother to add anything to the manual when
    writing these interfaces, so it hardly seems like anyone else is
    obligated to do so (assuming that person wanted to even jump the
    CLA hurdle...).  In any case, man pages does (good) pages that
    describe the libc interfaces (including commands).

Someone sends a useful patch for glibc, but glibc is not documented
using man pages so the natural thing is to have it in a format that
can be accepted into glibc.

What is odd is to dismiss such a contribution and start making excuses
as to why one should not "bother" updating the offical, and canonical
documentation for glibc.  And accusing people because they "couldn't
be bothered" is quite an unfriendly attidue.  We all have things to
do, and only have so much time to try and do everything.
Because you responded it means you don't have problems being bothered. Please, lets close this discussion. No need to continue.