Re: why Glibc does not build with clang?

On 19 May 2014 09:00, Konstantin Serebryany
<konstantin.s.serebryany@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for moving the (interesting!) alloca discussion to a separate subject.
> Any comments on the original questions?
>
> --kcc

My opinion, FWIW, is that it would be really nice to have support for
LLVM and I think a lot of people would like to see it.

I suspect a wholesale patch set for LLVM support would not be readily
accepted but each change would need to stand on its own and not make
the code more complex or difficult to maintain. Personally I find
nested functions to be surprising and not very helpful for readability
but I am sure there are others who disagree with that.

--
Will Newton
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro