Re: [RFC] killing remaining USE___THREAD use

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:31:35AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> OndÅej BÃlka <neleai@seznam.cz> writes:
>
> > So its ok to use Mike's patch?
>
> No, of course not.  First we have to find out what the disabled code is
> supposed to do, and what is the effect of TLS_INIT_TP being wrongly
> called with 0 instead of 1.

Any insight into that? For ifdef'd code is there something that we
should do by default? If not its better remove these, even if we needed
to add similar functionality in future it does not look likely that we
would recognize this piece of code so we would end duplicating
functionality. I checked how its bitrotten, it gives following error:

In file included from rtld.c:376:0:
dynamic-link.h: In function â_dl_startâ:
dynamic-link.h:179:8: warning: "ELF_MACHINE_NO_RELA" is not defined
[-Wundef]
rtld.c:481:21: error: incompatible types when assigning to type âstruct
<anonymous>â from type âvoid *â
rtld.c:489:2: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of
â__builtin_mempcpyâ
rtld.c:489:2: note: expected âvoid *â but argument is of type âstruct
<anonymous>â

Calling TLS_INIT_TP looks like bug, so I want to know reason before it
gets changed.