Re: Patchwork for libc-alpha

On 03/14/2014 02:15 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't follow. By placing patchwork on sourceware we consolidate
>> the admin overhead for all the sourceware supported projects using
>> patchwork?
>
> I was meaning if it was hosted on ozlabs, there are other patchwork
> projects e..g. gcc there too and since ozlabs maintains patchwork, we
> don't have to worry about upgrading/fixing it, is what I meant.

That is true, but complicates the community support process and involves
multiple service providers. The sourceware hosted projects already know
how to interact with and have working relationships with the maintainers
for sourceware.

My strong preference is to host patchwork on sourceware for sourceware
projects. At present that will likely be glibc and perhaps binutils-gdb.

I didn't know gcc was using patchwork.

Cheers,
Carlos.