Re: Fix __ASSUME_PSELECT for MicroBlaze (bug 16642)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> This patch makes the MicroBlaze kernel-features.h undefine
> __ASSUME_PSELECT.  I'd also encourage wiring it up in the kernel (so
> you can then make this #undef conditional, and eventually obsolete
> once a recent-enough kernel is required).  I suspect it wasn't wired
> up because of the mistaken comment in asm/unistd.h "obsolete ->
> sys_pselect7" (there is no such syscall as pselect7).

It's come to my attention in this review that preadv and pwritev also
still aren't wired up in the MicroBlaze syscall table.  I'll defer a glibc
patch for the corresponding __ASSUME_* (bug 16649) until the present patch
is reviewed.  David, I'd also encourage wiring up preadv and pwritev in
the kernel - and reviewing the MicroBlaze syscall table for any more cases
where syscalls aren't wired up (whether or not the __NR_* values are
assigned), in case there are some that don't have corresponding glibc
__ASSUME_* macros and so won't be caught by review of the definitions in
glibc.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com