Re: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 07:14:45PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> If anyone has any more project ideas they think a student can
> work on please suggest them here. Keep in mind that the idea
> has to be simple enough for a student to implement in a very
> limited time.

David Malcolm and I had this discussion at the Cauldron last year -
pretty-printing support for various structures in glibc.  This
discussion came up on list too and I believe there was consensus[1] on
hosting this code within the glibc source tree.

We could start with getting a student to merge the gdb-heap[2] code that
David had written (with David's permission of course).  Other than
that, there are a bunch of information (off the top of my head) that
could use pretty-printers:

- FILE struct
- struct pthread
- dynamic linker data