This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:45:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <530548F5 dot 7090401 at redhat dot com> <CAGQ9bdwt6orzq0ap4UH7f7ZfAEMOGuxrSq0PBVcqW3hm3nrC-w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
> Idea for glibc GSoC project: instrument the glibc source with
> AddressSanitizer (asan).
> goal #1: test glibc itself for bugs like stack or global buffer overflow.
I suspect most interesting such bugs are for cases involving extreme (but
valid) input that's currently not covered by the testsuite. In my
experience it's quite easy to find problems with memory allocation just by
looking for them; it might be interesting to have a project to review
allocations in glibc more thoroughly, especially where the size depends on
Joseph S. Myers