Re: [2.20] [2/6] Generate .test-result files for tests with special rules

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> > * Should $(evaluate-test) go on the same line as the previous part of
> >   the command if it fits, or always on a separate line (or on a
> >   separate line unless the whole thing fits on a single line)?  (Patch
> >   1 uses a single line; this patch generally puts it on the same line
> >   as the previous part of the command if it fits.)
>
> Always on a separate line, though separate line unless the whole thing
> fits is also OK.

We need to decide this for the reworked version of patch 2 (which needs
substantial rework following my cleanup patches in any case), as well as
for patch 1 (current version
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-02/msg00429.html>).  You prefer
always on a separate line.  Brooks
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-02/msg00287.html> prefers
separate line unless the whole thing fits.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com