Re: Fixing wiki performance by purging non-editing wiki users.

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 01:12:26PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/EditorGroup
>
> If you are not in the EditorsGroup then a wiki account
> is of no use to you, therefore we remove your account.
>
> This ignores users which are registered, getting
> notifications, but not editing. If you are in that
> category you will need to recreate an account.
>
> This will not prevent spammers from creating more
> accounts and slowing down everything again, but it
> buys us some time while we search for and implement
> a solution like a white-list for creating accounts.
>
> If you are opposed to this solution please speak up
> now before we delete your account :-)

Could we wait for a while (say, a week) and then do the accounts
purge?  That should be enough time for folks who have not edited the
wiki yet, but would like to keep the account just in case, to respond
with their wiki usernames so that you could add those to the
EditorGroup and not delete their accounts.

Siddhesh