Re: Propose Allan McRae as 2.19 release manager, and propose end of January 2.19 release.

On 11/09/2013 12:30 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 11/08/2013 08:34 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Allan,
>>
>> Want to be the release manager for 2.19? :-)
>>
>> Feel free to say no.
>>
>> Community,
>>
>> Should we do away with December releases that have us all
>> scrambling while on vacation to get a release out?
>>
>> How about an end of January release?
>
> I think the question is whether this is a real date or a target that we
> most probably miss?
>
> I'm fine with a *real* January release - but then let's not slip this
> for weeks,

Isn't that's a hard call to make without a list of blockers and their
relative priority and importance to the project?

While I agree that we're trying to create a time-boxed release we do
often consider things "blockers" for the release because we know their
inclusion will be important to the project for downstream usage and
testing.

In summary: I *always* want to release on the day we commit to :-)

Cheers,
Carlos.