Re: [RFC] Deprecating mtrace?

On 11/03/2013 08:17 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:

Please state which are platforms that are supported by glibc and
improtant programs running only on that platform needs mtrace

Does Emacs now run without unexec'ing?  That precluded using valgrind on it.

When I tracked down one rather prominent memory leak some time ago, mtrace was still useless because it only reported the address of Emacs' malloc wrapper, not the actual allocation site. In the end, I had to use a LD_PRELOAD library to gather the data.