Re: Ping Re: Fix localedef collation handling of <U0000> (bug 15948)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Ondrej Bilka wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 01:53:47PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Ping.  This patch
> > <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00143.html> is pending
> > review.
> >
> Where is testcase?

The ar_SA.UTF-8 locale.  Given the assertion (which I hope is obviously
correct), it (and various other locales in glibc) gets an assertion
failure on "make localedata/install-locales", the standard way of testing
locales, in the absence of the substantive part of the patch.  In the
absence of the assertion, I don't have any user-visible failures caused by
this memory allocation error (it was originally seen as user-visible when
cross-building locales for m68k, but we decided to use 4-byte alignment in
locales on all platforms rather than supporting cross-building locales to
systems with 2-byte-aligned int, so that no longer applies).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com