Re: to-do: formalize/automate tracking of files maintained elsewhere

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I recently updated manual/freemanuals.texi to match the canonical GNU file.
> This reminded me that we have various files of that nature, i.e. copied
> into our repository from some other canonical GNU place, and no scheme for
> making sure they stay up to date.  The starting place of course is to list
> them all somewhere, and say something about the subject on the wiki.

<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Regeneration> is intended to cover all
cases of checked-in files not maintained as source in glibc (whether files
that come verbatim from upstream source, or generated files).

Note that scripts/update-copyrights has its own list, used to avoid
modifying copyright dates in such files.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com