Re: Async-signal-safe access to __thread variables from dlopen()ed libraries?

On 09/24/2013 04:21 PM, Andrew Hunter wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Thanks. I still think we need to look at interrupted initialization
>> as another possible problem.
>
> My patch addresses that (the simplest way possible--masking out signals.)

Thanks I saw that. I need to update the design document to cover exactly
what the patch is doing in that case.

It's certainly a future enhancement to use an atomic operation with a
retry, but I don't know if the complexity is worth it. I also don't know
if the blocked signals show up at all as increased latency in responding
to other signals. Do you have any figures on that?

Cheers,
Carlos.