Re: [ping][BZ #15963, 15608, 15609, 15610, 15681] New language codes and locales

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 12:45 AM, Chris Leonard wrote:
>> Committed with suggested changes.
>>
>> I was able to close the tickets myself.
>
> The changes look good.
>
> Three nits to fixup next time you commit.
>
> Nothing fatal :-)
>
> (a) Please follow step 6 in the commiter checklist:
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Committer%20checklist#Provide_Attribution_to_Patch_Author_When_Committing
>
> ~~~~
> commit e35696c3706a88d2dc942103d3a4997ef0c57246
> Author: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress@gmail.com>
> Date:   Fri Sep 20 00:32:58 2013 -0400
>
>     Update Changelog and NEWS
> ~~~
>
> You were not the original author of the patch and
> you should have committed with `--author', it's too
> late to change it now, but the ChangeLog attribution
> is correct which is important.

I apologize to Wei-Lun Chao for inadvertantly "claiming" credit in the
commit message unintentionally, the -author step did slip my mind.  I
hope Wei-Lun is at least satisfied that I made the correct entry in
the Changelog and that the requested patches to enable new locale
submission are moving forward, (albeit slowly).  I will try to address
some of the pending new locales in th enear-ish future, but demands on
my time are considerable and I will be moving slowly (but as surely as
I can).

> (b) Please follow the committer checklist bullet
>     by bullet.
>
> If you follow the committer checklist item by item
> you would have committed e35696c3706a88d2dc942103d3a4997ef0c57246
> and 354a7a548f00f6963e3d85a8244b61fbdb261936 as a
> single commit.
>
> ~~~
> commit 354a7a548f00f6963e3d85a8244b61fbdb261936
> Author: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress@gmail.com>
> Date:   Thu Sep 19 20:34:03 2013 -0400
>
>     Update iso-639.def
> ~~~
>
> It's convenient to have a single logical commit for a single
> logical change. Thus the file changes, ChangeLog, and
> NEWS update should all have been together in one commit.

I will work through the checklist more carefully.  I've some locale
git workflow issues to work out as I get more familiar with the local
customs.  I did make an attempt at a single commit, but some trailing
whitespace issues that I did not catch at first caused me to split
this into two commits.

> (c) Missing space after ChangeLog first line.
>
> 013-09-19  Wei-Lun Chao  <bluebat@member.fsf.org>
> <blank line>
>         [BZ #15963, #13985]
>         * locale/iso-639.def: Add Chiga (cgg) and Chinese (gan, hak,
>         czh, cjy, lzh, cmn, mnp, cdo, czo, cpx, wuu, hsn, yue).
>         Add `Chinese' to `nan' entry name.
>
> You missed the "<blank line>"

that is just a mistake on my part, I'll work on doing better.

I sincerely appreciate the attention to orienting and tutoring a
newbie contributor/committer that I have received from several members
of the list.

I hope my exclusive focus on the somewhat under-served domain of
localedata and related validators in some small way compensates for
the effort necessary to guide me in the path of righteousness with
regards to form and format of submissions.

cjl