Re: Do we need to update master po files?

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Team,
>
> While working on some translation issues for RHEL
> I looked at the upstream TP project ja.po and noticed
> it was newer than what we have on master.
>
> I don't remember seeing TP send an email saying that
> the ja.po file was updated and ready for use?
>
> What am I missing?

Both files appear to have the same Project-Id-Version and
PO-Revision-Date, having been last updated for 2.14.  The TP does
automatic merges with a new .pot file; you can always download all the
files and commit them after the TP processes a new .pot file, if you want
(that's what I generally do for GCC), but I don't think it really matters
whether you do so or not.  The TP only sends announcements for individual
languages when a human translator updates the file, not for the automatic
merges (it just sends a single message about the new .pot file having been
processed in that case).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com