This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:35:35 +0400 (MSK)
- Subject: Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18
- References: <520E181D dot 2040308 at archlinux dot org>
I've had a look and it appears that __strstr_sse42 is entered from fglrx's
libGL.so.1 with misaligned stack (not divisible by 16), so spilling an SSE
register to stack fails. Shouldn't glibc realign stack for SSE-accelerated
functions on x86?
Hope that helps,