glibc 2.18 freeze status v2 - One more week.

Community,

We had 4 blockers.

Now we have 2 blockers left.

The two reamining issues are:

* Power 8 enablement.

* Intel TSX lock elision.

For the Power 8 enablement I see that Ryan has posted a patch
and that it's getting sorted out.

For the lock elision work we are closing in on a minimal set
of changes to allow support for existing DEFAULT mutex types.

Therefore we are not going to freeze today.

Instead I say we do another week of intense work on the last
two blockers and then freeze at the end of the month.

If anyone has any objection to this plan please speak up.

Cheers,
Carlos.