Re: Thread-, Signal- and Cancellation-safety documentation

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 09:19 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Library documentation should be useful to programmers.  Certainly,
> precise documentation combined with a backwards compatibility promise
> constrains future implementation choices.

It's important to remember that we can have very precise but weak
guarantees.  Precise doesn't necessarily mean that we put a lot of
constraints on the implementations.

(I don't want to pick on what you said specifically; it's just that too
often, people seem to associate "precise" with "highly constrained".)