Re: [COMMITTED] PowerPC: fix hypot/hypotf check for -INF

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> Testing on POWER4/5/6 I found an issue with recent hypot (-INF, ...) and
> PPC code. The fix is trivial: the return FP->INT transformation should
> return the absolute value of the number so the following comparison does
> not fail for -INF.

As usual, if a patch fixes a bug that was user-visible in previous
releases but doesn't already have a bug filed in Bugzilla, please file a
bug in Bugzilla for it, add the bug number to the ChangeLog entry and NEWS
and resolve the bug as FIXED.

In some cases of architecture-specific libm fixes for bugs shown up by
testsuite changes, a bug may already have been filed and marked fixed for
the same issue in other versions of the code - in which case you can
simply reuse that bug number in your ChangeLog entry.  In this case,
however, the bug was shown up (I presume) by my testsuite fix to remove
bogus uses of IGNORE_ZERO_INF_SIGN - which didn't get a bug filed because
it was purely a testsuite change rather than changing anything
user-visible about the library itself.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com