Re: Tracking patch pings

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> My impression is that we have a couple of patches that get pinged but it's not
> such a large number that we need an automated tool and something low tech like
> a wiki page would be a good start - and it would tell us more about the size
> of the problem.

Looking just at <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/threads.html>
I see patches/pings from this month arguably pending review:

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00023.html (stdint.h for
installed headers, may need discussion)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00024.html (stdint.h
outside installed headers)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00117.html (AT_HWCAP2)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00120.html (thread-safety
docs)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00567.html (Avoid returning
EAI_SYSTEM)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00354.html (New functions
pthread_attr_[sg]et_default_np)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00207.html (Don't close or
flush stdio streams on abort - discussion doesn't really seem to have got
anywhere)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00210.html (Unify
pthread_once)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00421.html (Link extra-libs
consistently with libc and ld.so)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00407.html (PowerPC: Merge
ports/ dl-procinfo.[hc] with base and remove ports versions of these
files)

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00526.html (libio: Patch
for BZ 15362, BZ 11741)

And this list excludes the lock elision patches, whose review status I
haven't tried to track, some stdio patches of Ondrej's that need revision
of testcases (to use test-skeleton etc.) but haven't had substantive
review otherwise, and various patches (e.g. Ondrej's faster memcpy/memset)
that appear to have reached consensus for inclusion but not yet been
committed (which as I noted isn't itself a problem - the submitter should
be able to commit at the time that seems right - but it's still useful to
be able to notice if the patch sits in that state indefinitely).  And of
course anything posted in previous months and not pinged this month ... my
guess is that if you went back a few more months you'd find quite a few
more patches needing review.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com