Re: TSX lock elision for glibc v6

On 05/10/2013 06:41 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
> History:
> v1: Initial post
> v2: Remove IFUNC use.
> v3: Nested trylock aborts by default now.
>     Trylock enables elision on non-upgraded lock.
>     Various bug fixes.
>     New initializers, remove explicit new lock types in external interface.
>     Add example of abort hook to manual.
>     Fix bugs and clean up the configuration parser.
>     Fix bug in lock busy handling.
>     Fix tst-elision2 which was disabled by mistake earlier.
> v4: (= rtm-devel6)
>     Add missing tst-elision3 file, but not it's tst-elision2
>     Remove abort hook and related code.
>     Use symbolic abort codes
> v5: (= rtm-devel7)
>     Rebased to current master.
>     Use GLIBC_* prefixes for environment variables.
>     Merge environment scan with dynamic linker
>     Fix CPUID id that broke earlier.
>     Minor cleanups.
> v6: Add review feedback on glibc-var.c

In general I'm trying to be consistent with my review over all of
the versions of your TSX patches. Where I haven't been consistent
it is likely my own incompetence, or the incorporated feedback
from other reviewers. When in doubt please ask for clarification.
I don't mind answering the same question again.

I have patches 2, 4, and 6 to still review in detail.

Cheers,
Carlos.